in Indiana’s Duneland in the Chicago metropolitan area
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
The Chief Financial Officer supports NIRPC’s regional planning mission by making sure the agency has the resources, tools, and financial controls necessary to administer its programs and provide responsive, responsible, and relatable service to the region. The position oversees all accounting, grant compliance functions, procurement and asset management. The Chief Financial Officer helps shape, prepare, and monitor the annual budget according to the values, goals, and mission of the agency, develops the annual cost allocation plan, and researches and optimizes employee benefits packages.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. CPA desirable.
- 5 years minimum experience as a senior accountant, grants administrator, or financial officer in a small to medium size organization, with 7+ years’ total experience accounting and/or financial administration experience.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance related issues.
- Experience and proficiency in government accounting and grants management.
- Continuous education on pertinent job related topics.
- Highly responsible and ethical, with good communication skills and team orientation.
- Strong customer service ethic and ability, both internal to NIRPC staff and external to vendors, consultants, organizational partners, and the public.
- Ability to mentor and develop staff, and the leadership skills to form a dynamic, unified, and customer service-oriented team.
COMPENSATION & SALARY:
- Compensation will be negotiated based on experience, education, certification, and proven competency.
- NIRPC has a competitive benefits package, including twelve paid holidays and a flexible work schedule.
APPLICATION & TIMEFRAME:
- To be considered for this position, please submit a carefully-written cover letter and resume to:
Meredith Stilwell, Office Manager
Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission
6100 Southport Road
Portage, IN 46368-6409
219-763-6060, ext. 138; fax 762-1653
- If selected for further consideration, professional references may be required.
- The position will remain open until filled in order to find the candidate with the best fit among professional qualifications, experience, and suitability to NIRPC’s mission.
About Northwest Indiana…
Northwest Indiana combines an innovative spirit, beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline, and proximity to Chicago and its amenities. With major enhancements coming to the South Shore commuter rail system, the completion of over 150 miles of paved trails, more streams cleared for recreational paddling, and a renewed focus on reinvigorating the walkability and charm of its communities, the region has gotten the attention of Indianapolis and those across the state line to what the Chicago Tribune has called “The Affordable Shore.”
Northwest Indiana is growing, and the Chief Financial Officer at NIRPC helps enhance quality of life in the region through responsible stewardship of public funds.
Download Job Posting HERE
Last modified: August 9, 2017