Welcome to the home page for environmental plans and projects of the Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission. NIRPC is committed to assisting LaPorte, Lake, and Porter Counties with meeting their environmental needs.
NIRPC’s Environmental Department strives for improvement in land, water and air quality for the entire Northwest Indiana region. This goal is being achieved by several means:
- Collecting and providing environmental data and information for the region.
- Developing, producing and distributing educational materials to maximize public awareness of important environmental issues.
- Providing a public forum for discussion of environmental issues among often diverse stakeholders; working to resolve issues in a positive environment.
- Assisting local partners with programs such as watershed planning, Partners for Clean Air, NWI Partnership for Clean Water, household hazardous waste collection events.
- Promoting and assisting local governments with best environmental practices.
Requests for alternate formats for documents from the Environmental Department may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.