Solar Ready Northwest Indiana
The Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission (NIRPC) is partnering with the National Association of Regional Councils (NARC), the Mid-America Regional Council (MARC), Meister Consultants Group, the Council of State Governments, and eight regional councils on the U.S. Department of Energy SunShot Initiative Rooftop Solar Challenge. Through this award, NIRPC is striving to implement the following strategies throughout Northwest Indiana:
- Solar best management practices
- Solar training materials
- Additional proven implementation strategies
Together, with support from our local governments, NIRPC will achieve more streamlined and standardized solar practices, resulting in measurable improvement to Northwest Indiana’s solar market conditions, a policy identified in NIRPC’s 2040 Comprehensive Regional Plan. Through
the greater Solar Ready II project, NARC and its partners will ultimately achieve measurable improvements in solar market conditions, will engage 40,000 residents nationwide through online consumer
market research panels, and will provide new solar market access for ten million people across the U.S.
Solar Ready II Workshop – August 5th
- Planning and Zoning Workshop – Part One / Part Two
- Planning and Zoning Audience Poll Results
- Solarize Workshop
- Solarize Audience Poll Results
Information for Stakeholders
- Next Stakeholder Meeting: Wednesday, May 28 (2pm), 6100 Southport Rd, Portage, IN
- Solar Ready Kickoff Presentation (April 2014)
- Solar Ready NWI – Kick-off Meetings – Combined Summaries
- Solar Readiness Survey for Municipalities – Survey of a jurisdiction’s permitting, planning and zoning process for determining a regional baseline for solar readiness. Municipalities are to complete form by June 1, 2014.
- Developing Your Solar Ready Plan Presentation (May 28, 2014)
For assistance, contact Kathy Luther (email@example.com)
- SunShot Initiative Rooftop Solar Challenge In-Kind Match Fillable PDF – For organizations looking to contribute to Solar Ready Northwest Indiana.
Learn more about Solar Energy here
The U.S Department of Energy SunShot Initiative is a national collaborative effort to make solar energy cost-competitive with other forms of electricity by the end of the decade. Learn more