2040 Plan Update Companion
In May of 2015, NIRPC approved the 2040 Comprehensive Regional Plan Update Companion which serves as a complimentary document to the original 2040 Plan released in 2011. NIRPC is mandated by federal law to update our transportation plan every four years, and the Update Companion satisfies this requirement.
Since much effort was put forward into creating the 2040 Plan, the Update Companion does not attempt to create a new document, but to update progress since the adoption of the 2040 Plan, and highlight changes in demographic and financial elements. Thus, the goals and objectives, including performance measures have been carried forward.
The 2040 Plan Update Companion can be viewed in its entirety below. For questions pertaining to the plan’s content, please contact Mitch Barloga at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2040 Comprehensive Regional Plan Update Materials:
- Notice of Public Comment Period
- NIRPC Commission Chair Letter and Table of Contents PDF | HTML
- Introduction PDF | HTML
- Chapter 1 – Growth & Conservation PDF | HTML
- Chapter 2 – Transportation PDF | HTML
- Chapter 3 – Environment & Green Infrastructure PDF | HTML
- Chapter 4 – Human & Economic Resources PDF | HTML
- Chapter 5 – Stewardship & Governance PDF | HTML
- Chapter 6 – Implementation PDF | HTML
- Appendix A – Public Comment Report PDF | HTML
- Appendix B – 2040 Plan Implementation Matrix PDF | HTML
- 2040 Plan Update Full Public Comment Report: PDF | HTML