Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP)
This Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) is how NIRPC focuses its financial planning resources and staff where they will be the most effective in responding to significant local and regional issues and resolving area-wide problems. The UPWP is based on state and federal transportation planning requirements, regional priorities, and the annual emphasis areas of the Federal Highway and Federal Transit Administrations. In addition to these requirements, NIRPC develops its long- and short-range planning and programming to implement the vision and direction of NWI 2050, the region’s comprehensive regional plan .
The UPWP balances NIRPC’s available resources in order to effectively carry out long and short-range planning and programming; special studies; data gathering, analysis and dissemination; computer modeling; public involvement; and program administration. It also describes other planning, administrative, and program offerings by NIRPC in its role as a council of governments. It includes all environmental and economic development planning, as well as transit administration, which includes sub-grantee oversight, grant administration, and procurement. In addition it includes additional significant planning projects by other agencies, especially any studies and plans supported by federal funds.
The 2021/2022 UPWP covers the period beginning July 1, 2020 and ending June 30, 2022 with a total budget of $1,898,199 for FY 2021 and $1,898,199 for FY 2022. Funds for completing the work elements in the UPWP come from the Federal Highway Administration, Federal Transit Administration, Indiana Department of Transportation, grants, and other state and local resources.
- FY 2021-2022 UPWP (NIRPC Resolution 21-05; adopted 4/15/2021): PDF | HTML
- FY 2021-2022 Amendment #1 (NIRPC resolution 20-16, adopted 7/16/2020): PDF | HTML
- FY 2021-2022 Amendment #2 (NIRPC resolution 20-19, adopted 7/16/2020): PDF | HTML
- FY 2021-2022 Amendment #3 (NIRPC resolution 20-28, adopted 11/19/2020): PDF | HTML
- FY 2021-2022 Amendment #4 (NIRPC resolution 21-05, adopted 4/15/2021): PDF | HTML
Previous UPWP Reports:
- FY 2019-2020 (July 1, 2018-June 30, 2020 / Adopted April 19, 2018): PDF | HTML
- FY 2017-2018 (July 1, 2016-June 30, 2018 / Adopted June 16, 2016): PDF | HTML
- FY 2015-2016 (July 1, 2014-June 30, 2016 / Adopted May 15, 2014): PDF | TEXT