NORTHWESTERN INDIANA REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION


FINANCE AND PERSONNEL COMMITTEE


February 16, 2017 NIRPC Dune Room Portage, Indiana


Members Present

Staff and Others Present

Karen Freeman-Wilson Chair

Ty Warner

Christine Cid

Angie Hayes

Richard Hardaway

Allen Hammond

Kathy Luther

Members Absent

Dave Hollenbeck

Anthony Copeland

George Topoll

Dave Shafer

Diane Noll

Greg Stinson

Robert Carnahan

Ron Meer


Call to Order


The meeting was called to order at 8:04 a.m. by Karen Freeman-Wilson.


Approval of Minutes


Karen Freeman-Wilson presented the minutes of the January 19, 2017 meeting. Upon a motion by Richard Hardaway, seconded by Christine Cid, the Committee approved the minutes of the January 19, 2017 meeting.


Review of Financial Status


Angie Hayes presented the final expenditure report for 2016 in which NIRPC expended 71.98% of the total expenditures. At this time there are no cash issues to report. The Budget to Actual reports were presented to the Committee. The total expenditures of the General Fund for the period ending January 31, 2017 are at 4.11%.


Approval of Claims Register


Angie Hayes presented the claims register to the Committee for approval. Upon a motion by Christine Cid, seconded by Richard Hardaway, the Committee approved the claims register.

AccuFund Contract Amendment


Angie Hayes presented Amendment 2 for the AccuFund Software Agreement to the Committee. The amended specifies all services must be completed by June 30, 2017. Upon a motion by Richard Hardaway, seconded by Christine Cid, the Committee approved the contract extension.


Petty Cash Policy


Angie Hayes presented the Petty Cash Policy to the Committee. The updated Petty Cash Policy will reduce the petty cash balance from $200.00 to $100.00. Upon a motion by Christine Cid, seconded by Richard Hardaway, the Committee approved updated Petty Cash Policy.


Internal Control Overview


Angie Hayes presented the Internal Control Overview which documents the segregation of duties to the Committee. There was discussion and proposed changes. Upon a motion by Richard Hardaway, seconded by Christine Cid, the Committee approved the Internal Control Overview Documenting Segregation of Duties with the proposed changes.


Procurement Recommendations


Kathy Luther presented the Deep River – Burns Waterway Watershed Initiative Cost Share Program to the Committee. The grant is a cost-share program in which corrective actions will be implemented in the identified problem areas through partnerships. Applicants will pay for the remediation up front and then will be reimbursed at a rate of 50% through the grant. This recommendation is to approve agreements up to a total reimbursement from NIRPC of

$268,975.


Angie Hayes presented two vehicle replacements to the Committee purchasing two propane fueled vehicles for LaPorte TransPorte. The vehicles will be paid with Federal Transit Administration Funds (80%) out of Grant IN-95-X053 and LaPorte TransPorte will pay the remaining (20%). The two vehicle replacements will not exceed $145,219 in federal funds.


Upon a motion by Richard Hardaway, seconded by Christine Cid, the Committee approved the Procurements for recommendation to the Executive Board.


2017 Budget Amendment


Angie Hayes presented a budget amendment to the Committee to add new funds to the 2017 budget in the amount of $28,000. The revenue is from Federal Transit Administration and the City of Hobart to add additional work for the Hobart Feasibility Study. Upon a motion by Christine Cid, seconded by Richard Hardaway, the Committee approved the budget amendment to add new funds to the 2017 budget for recommendation to the Executive Board.

SRF Consulting Group, Inc. Contract Amendment


Angie Hayes presented the Amendment for the SRF Consulting Group, Inc. for the City of Hobart Transit Feasibility Study. This Amendment expands the scope of work to enable the City of Hobart to pursue public transit and possible funding options. Upon a motion by Richard Hardaway, seconded by Christine Cid, the Committee approved the SRF Consulting Group, Inc. Amendment for recommendation to the Executive Board.


Other Business


Dave Hollenbeck informed the Committee NIRPC received a public record request under the Indiana Open Records Law. There was no other business to discuss.


Adjournment

There being no further business the meeting adjourned at 8:30 a.m.